VW Show 2019
This induction will only take a few minutes of your time, so please read it all the way through.
- Event Field, Quex Park Estates, Park Lane Birchington Kent CT7 0BH Sat Nav CT7 0HR
- Production – Kent Events Ltd
- Event Safety – Carol Ives, Kent Events Ltd
Access To Site Is Only Permitted If You Have Proof of Completion of this Induction
- Completion of this induction is mandatory for everyone involved in the event.
- You must read this induction and complete and the electronic declaration no later than 14th June 2019.
- If you do not complete this before the event, you may get delayed upon entry to the event.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- You must wear Hi Viz during site set up.
- You will be asked to produce your Hi Viz at the time of booking in.
- No open toed footwear permitted to be worn.
- Please enter from the B2050 Manston Road, Birchington and look for the sign Gate 2 on a wooden post.
- On entering Gate 2 park on the grass area on the left hand side and walk to the Accreditation cabin.
- Please be mindful of other traffic in this area.
- You are not permitted to enter the site without booking in.
- On exit report to accreditation to sign out.
- Everyone working for, or contracted to work at the event is responsible for their own safety, the safety of their colleagues and anyone who may be affected by their work, including members of the public.
Hi Vis Clothing, must always be worn when working in the venue.
- Everyone must report to Accreditation to sign in prior to gaining access to the venue.
- Access to the site during build and take down is Gate 2, Manston Road.
- Access to the site via another entry point is entirely at the risk of the individual.
- Event Management are not liable for any loss or injury arising from non-compliance.
- Abide by the site safety signs.
- Animals are not permitted on site.
- Adhere to the 10 mph site speed limit.
- Be aware of other contractors /pedestrians near your work area.
- Always keep covered during hot weather.
- You are not permitted to take photographs of the event build to post on any form of Social Media without the express permission of the Event Management.
- If using a mobile device on site, do not use it while walking around, stand still and be aware of your surroundings particularly moving vehicles.
- Drones are not permitted.
- Treat everyone with respect.
- Keys must must not be left in the ignition of un-attended vehicles.
- Vehicles fitted with amber beacons must have them in operation at all times that the vehicle is in motion.
- Appropriate management and safe methods of working at height is – in any areas where working at height is being carried out, the immediate area must be controlled and hard hats worn.
- Ladder work must only be conducted for short work periods (defined by HSE as less than 30 minutes). Ladders MUST be of an industrial type (EN 131).
- You are required to work safely and use plant and equipment correctly.
- Do not attempt to carry or lift anything that is too big or too heavy.
- Any person suspected to be under the influence of illegal psychoactive substances/alcohol will be ejected from the venue.
- Appropriate footwear must be worn whilst working in the venue.
- All accidents, incidents & near misses must be reported immediately to the Event Safety Officer.
- All waste is to be disposed of in an appropriate manner in the skips provided.
- Keep your work areas tidy and clean up spills and/or other waste immediately.
- Fuel spills need to be reported to Event Management immediately.
- Radios, personal music and headphones are not permitted to be played / worn.
- Everyone must report to Accreditation to sign out prior to leaving the venue.
- Be aware when exiting Gate 2 directly onto Manston Road, wind down your window, turn off your radio and listen for oncoming traffic. Only exit when road conditions confirm it is safe to do so.
Site Specific Hazards
- Uneven ground – Take care when using plant particularly with shifting heavy loads.
- Control your speed.
- There are mobile phone dead spots within the venue.
- The wind is predominantly from the North East, be mindful when erecting temporary structures
- Due to the age of the trees, DO NOT park your vehicles or leave equipment under the trees.
- Do not, under any circumstances enter the Bell Tower area (large tower in centre of field). If something is fenced off it is for a reason.
- Please only use the toilets allocated.
- Do not use any that have been placed within the venue for event use.
- Each contractor SHOULD have a designated first aider on-site and carry a suitable first aid kit.
Fire & Escape
IF YOU DISCOVER A FIRE;
Raise The Alarm
- By shouting fire, fire, fire and call the Site Office who will initiate an
emergency service response.
- Clear the Area.
- Do not enter the area until you are told it is safe to do so.
- Await further instructions from the Management Team.
- If possible, and you have been trained to do so, attempt to fight the fire using suitable firefighting equipment ensuring you do not put your own life at risk.
- If you discover a suspicious package, then please inform the Event Management.
- If you see anyone acting suspiciously in or around the event site, please contact the Event Management and give them an
accurate description of the person/s and what makes them look suspicious to you.
- We strongly recommend you watch the video Run, Hide, Tell: Firearms and Weapons Attack (available on You Tube) about reacting to a terrorist incident, please take five minutes to watch it through.
- Dogs are not permitted.
Thank you for taking the time to read through and complete this induction.
Please fill in your details below to complete the process. This will be sent directly to us at VW Show.
If you are completing with other people, once you have completed the form for one, it will tell you it has been sent and offer you a “go back” option. Go back and it will take you to the form again. Complete for every person attending.
If you do not complete this before the event, you may experience a delay in entering the event.
VW Show 2019
Your information will only be used for this event and upon completion, your personal information will be deleted.
[contact-form-7 id=”1706″ title=”Accreditation Confirmation”]